20020709

The senses being dulled are mine

And someone falls in love, and someone's beaten up,
And the senses being dulled are mine,
And though I walk home alone, my faith in love is still devout.

The Smiths, 'Rusholme Ruffians'

So. Terracon. It's been and gone, and this will be the update. To be honest, I'm not really sure where to start. Perhaps some statistics:


  • Average bedtime: 0600 hours.

  • Average amount of pure ethanol consumed per night: 0.15 L.

  • Ratio of pointless to significant words I heard used in conversation: 0.73, significantly lower than UniSFAn average

  • Total time DJing Radio Free Terracon: 11 h

  • Silliest argument topic: whether it would be good to exchange the development of modern art for the survival of several endangered species

  • Best go moment: beating Chris Grubb by 10.5 moku in the best game I've ever played

  • Funniest go moment: watching Chris play himself into atari after five minutes of analysis during a game we played while both completely trashed (he won)

  • Average number of words comprehended per sentence by people who read from my French poetry anthology on RFT: 2.3

  • Number of times I said 'Personally, I think that's a little naff': 37

  • Number of people I despised: 5

  • Number of people I thought were brilliant: 4

  • Moment of least dignity: losing to Pam at Crazy Russian, unless I'm forgetting something

  • Worst Musical Moment: line-ball between remembering the words to Snow's offsider's rap in Informer and actually being amused by 30, 000 Pounds of Bananas

  • Best Musical Moment: Time and Again by the Bluetones

  • Number of pikes: 2

  • Number of times my life was well and truly in someone else's hands: 2

  • Ratio of bad notes to good notes played on my classical guitar: 0.372

  • Ratio of people on my list to people not on my list at Terracon: ~ 0.4

  • Number of disgusting receptacles filled with Iron Stomach leftovers washed: 43

  • Number of committee members other than me who helped: 0

  • Number of times I paused to resent this fact: 13

  • Number of times I quoted the Smiths in conversation: 2

  • Number of juicy bits of gossip I predicted before they happened: 3


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home