20020702

Beat MFoG by half a moku earlier today. Was suitably chuffed, even if it represents one win in a sea of losses against it. The computer AI was on level eight again. Then came into university and beat Adam, who appears to be ignoring the fact that he has a large project deadline on Monday, which is effectively Friday morning due to Terracon. I only beat him by 14.5 moku but I think this was because I am developing a more conservative style to combat MFoG's play, which is much more focused on acquiring influence than starting and winning fights in various parts of the board, which is the usual way UniSFAns play. The point is, I won and I didn't look like losing at any point of the match.

This morning, I finally started drawing together the various strands of the travel insurance claim I have to make due to being robbed whilst on holiday during the summer. It's taken a fair while for the whole saga to play itself out because of some of my stolen items being found by the police in Spain after I had already returned to Australia. This entailed a long, complex and bureaucratic negotiation with the Australian Embassy over there to have them couriered here, and put the claim on hold because it was impossible to find out exactly which things had been recovered. I can tell the claim itself is going involve a lot of aggravating paperwork, since the forms used by my insurance company are designed to thwart all but the most persistent clients, and there are a lot of stupidly complex receipts and other documents that must be interpreted, and a lot of half-forgotten dates and names to be dredged up. I quail at the thought.

When what used to excite you does not,
Liked you've used up your allowance of experience,
Just step sideways from this world, today,
The joker says go the opposite way, today, today.

The Fall, 'Just Step Sideways'

Certain people who I normally like are annoying me at the moment. I won't name any names because I can't tell if this will be transitory or ongoing. The funny thing is, I can't tell if it's because they've changed or I have, or whether my annoyance is situational, circumstantial, or habitual. Suffice it to say that people's mannerisms, which I often hate anyway, are grating even more than usual for some reason. Perhaps I've just been stagnant for too long. Perhaps I've just gotten older, more decrepit, and more intolerant. But it can be difficult to go around with hackles raised half the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home