20021018

Defiance

Your shoulders are strong,
So come lengthen your stride -
When you're alone,
Oh there is light outside!

Gene, 'The Car That Sped'

Was thinking of posting something like 'bother life, bother the world and everything in it' (possibly using a word more extreme than 'bother' - possibly), but I'm not going to. There is still light at the end of the tunnel, even if the tunnel is bleak and long. I hate this time of year, and I hate the way people get at this time of year. But I don't hate the people, all the same. To everyone out there who's suffering in anticipation of academic pain to come, I salute you. Keep your shoulders strong. I'm feeling a bit emotional and cliched today, a bit unstable and vacillating, but still firm of purpose if not firm of act. You may hear from me at some time in the future, but for now try not to get into my path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home