20020829

Existence

When will you accept your life (the one that you hate)?
Every day, you must say, 'Oh, how do I feel about my shoes?
They make me feel awkward and plain.
How dearly I would love to kick with the fray ...'
Anything is hard to find, when you will not open your eyes,
When will you accept yourself, for Heaven's sake?

The Smiths, 'Accept Yourself'

You're not what you think you could be. You're not what you will be. You can't pretend to be what you are, let alone pretend to yourself that you're only pretending to be what you are. You can only exist. If you believe that you're not as you appear to others, you're wrong. In fact, you are as you are and only pretend to yourself that you're not.

I can't really comment on how I fit into to any of the farcical equations above. I can only say that sometimes I wish my actions would speak louder than my words.

This post was written yesterday at ten o'clock in the morning. My state of mind has changed since then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home