20020529

Just played Chris Gorham at Go. I eventually won when he conceded ('I have nothing', Hikaru No Go style). However, the match was significantly closer than others I have played recently. After an initial advantage to me, we staked out territory, with him beginning an invasion first. I connected perhaps a little too solidly, giving myself no chance for a small sacrifice to hold him out, and as a result on two separate occasions nearly lost groups of ten to twenty pieces, surviving by an advantage of precisely one liberty in the second case. Having finally finished his chances, his morale was broken and I played through his line destroying a single-eyed group of his whilst his attention faltered. Thus the game ended. I should probably have played a little more conservatively throughout, but all's well that ends well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home